BMW X7 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my x7 m50d in april 2019, received in nov 2019. First i noticed the rubber on the door (to keep it air tight) was loose on the left back door.. so i had to push it back in.
After 3 months of usage the cluster (head monitor) started to shut down mid drive.. first waited for them to upgrade the entire software of the car and erase everything i had made. It didnt fix the issue on the second time they replaced the monitor and it seems to be working for now. Now i have an issue with the driver seat ventilator.. it makes wierd noises when activated.. it seems the ventilator touching the seat while spinning. The remote climate works, but i cant start the engine from the app or the display key so it is worthless. Going to check with the dealership again. 140k Euro spent.. and i am starting to get pissed. Very dissapointed for now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi @Vandeam. of all the BMW X7 problems I heard of so far, be glad yours weren't as immobilizing as the engine woes some owners experienced.
Have you looked into your local lemon laws? If not, I suggest you do (and share it here with other owners) because it MIGHT be getting to that point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bavarianbob,
I am located in Italy, and i think there is no Engine Activation without seated driver is available in italy, i asked the BMW crew.. they didn't know either about it and said i didn't buy some package (i think which is not available to italians. i bought all the packs available. anyway there is only ventilation without engine start.. which basically does nothing in the summer.. i have to manually start the engine and let the car cool off for couple of minutes. regarding seat ventilation.. the sound stopped, but i think i might still take it to the dealership to fix it as it can come back any minute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts