X7 spied in Bavaria, Germany - BMW X7 Forum

post #1 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

X7 spied in Bavaria, Germany

Here are some pictures of an X7 prototype testing in Bavaria, Germany. It is being covered up with camouflage, as you might have expected.

The X7 will be manufactured at BMW's factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina where the automaker plans on investing 1 billion USD. It will be built on the same platform as the next generation 5- and 7-Series.

The spy shots show us that the X7 will likely have a longer hood, an elongated rear overhang and a bigger rear quarter window. We can also see that the roofline is flat, so none of this coupe no back head room business.

post #2 of 25 Old 04-24-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
he X7 will be manufactured at BMW's factory in Spartanburg, South Carolina where the automaker plans on investing 1 billion USD. It will be built on the same platform as the next generation 5- and 7-Series.
Not quite. Its using a stretched X5 platform...
post #3 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, I read in an article that that was the platform it would be riding on. Where did you hear that it will use a stretched X5 platform? Is it possible they are the same thing or something like that?

post #4 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Hmm, I read in an article that that was the platform it would be riding on. Where did you hear that it will use a stretched X5 platform? Is it possible they are the same thing or something like that?
Im also interested in knowing, i've heard about the 7 series platform for some time now. A link to a source would be great
post #5 of 25 Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 PM

Ok if you insist

BMW X7 Platform
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/bm...ze-suv/#!FU5Ik

Quote:
Another theory we threw around is that the rumored Rolls-Royce SUV would ride on the X7’s platform. While that is still a possibility, I expected the Roller to feature a bit more bespoke chassis than that of a lengthened X5. Likely, few Rolls buyers will know the difference between a distinctive platform and that of a Bimmer-sourced unit. So, why not?
post #6 of 25 Old 04-27-2014, 09:56 AM

thanks for the link, good to know it's on that platform
post #7 of 25 Old 04-28-2014, 04:40 PM

Actually I dont think these spys are of the X7, couple of the guys on bimmerpost are saying this is actually an old test mule for the x5 eDrive derivative. You can see if you look closely on the back hatch it says Hybrid Test Vehicle. Plus the proportions from the rear door back do not look adequate to accommodate a third row back there...

post #8 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM

In a way this is good news because it doesn't completely seem X7 worthy although I wouldn't be completely disappointed with it.
post #9 of 25 Old 04-29-2014, 01:41 PM

kind of is a bigger x5
post #10 of 25 Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 AM

I noticed the rear end seems boarder line to being able to handle a 3rd row and not being able to. Whats everyone's opinion on this? If no 3rd row than this could just be an X5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page