Hereís What The 2018 BMW X7 Could Look Like - BMW X7 Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 12 Old 09-27-2016, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Hereís What The 2018 BMW X7 Could Look Like

BMW is preparing to debut the newest member of their X lineup, the X7 compact SUV and itís expected to go into production in 2017. Before the official debut, Autoguide has released a rendering of what they think the X7 could look like.

Set to be built in Spartanburg, South Carolina, the X7 is going to be the largest SUV BMW has ever produced. The automaker has been testing the X7 prototype on public roads and itís sitting on the next-generation X5 platform, but the luxury SUV is going to be longer and larger than the X5.

Taking design cues from the 3.0 CSL Hommage concept and the X5, Autoguideís rendering shows us a large, curvy body with the brandís iconic kidney grille on the front that connects to a set of sleek laser headlights. Opposite of that is the rear thatís sporting a set of quad tailpipes. Not much stands out from the three quarter view besides the fact that it shares the same pinched metal panels with the X5.

Powering the base model X7 could be the 3.0 twin-turbo I6 from the 740i and sitting at the top of the range may be a 4.4-liter V8 from the 750i. We may even see a 6.6 liter twin-turbo V12 from the M760Li in a performance trim.

The X7 is expected to go on sale late 2017 as a 2018 model.
post #2 of 12 Old 10-05-2016, 03:10 PM

I'm not too sure how I feel about that rear end. It looks really flat.. kind of like a bus drove into it.
post #3 of 12 Old 10-07-2016, 02:05 AM

I agree with Aspire here. Especially at the financing figures that it costs to buy a BM of any range, if I'm going to be splashing out that kind of cash, I'd at least hope that my car didn't look like it was backed up against a wall and left that way because they couldn't think or a better way to smooth out its looks!
Aspire likes this.

post #4 of 12 Old 10-07-2016, 12:43 PM

It's all speculative at this point but judging from what we're seeing from them so far on a production level for 2017, this could come close to the real deal.

The space is getting competitive and these days BMW has less of an edge over rivals. If the 7 series was any indication of what we could expect here, then things will play out well.
post #5 of 12 Old 10-21-2016, 10:27 AM

I like the front end lighting on the new 7 series actually. I'm sure that new lighting design will translate through.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-21-2016, 12:56 PM

Found this rendering which has the right face going on but proportions of the body are off, not as big bodied as you would expect in this segment:

Put that face on something in your imagination that's GL-sized and you might have the X7

post #7 of 12 Old 10-26-2016, 10:33 AM

I'm imagining Durango size or something along those lines ? But following that Benz side profile look.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-28-2016, 05:37 PM

Durango is another good example when looking at size just instead we might not see the type of bulkiness going on with them fortunately since BWM almost always has a hint of sportiness (sometimes too much depending on who you ask). Even the current 7 series as luxurious as it got this time around still has the typical BMW sportiness you expect.

post #9 of 12 Old 11-01-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Durango is another good example when looking at size just instead we might not see the type of bulkiness going on with them fortunately since BWM almost always has a hint of sportiness (sometimes too much depending on who you ask). Even the current 7 series as luxurious as it got this time around still has the typical BMW sportiness you expect.
Yeaa just in terms of size. The Durango has no shape lol. It's just a block on wheels. The front end though in the rendering, in terms of literal outlining the shape without any features, reminds me of the Durango because of that "bunt tip" if that makes any sense ?
post #10 of 12 Old 11-04-2016, 12:58 PM

well yeah the front end has proportions and usage of colors similar to what the Durango has but when it comes to any automotive era you'll always find commonalities, not always anomalies (which are uncommon), what's important here is that BMW executes on design that carries on the BMW design DNA we're used to along with something that propels them further, being a new product more of the latter will serve them well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page