X7 Hybrid - BMW X7 Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 11-28-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

X7 Hybrid

Exciting stuff from the boys in Bavaria, their new Power eDrive Hybrid system in all its glory.

The new Power eDrive hybrid system first shown in both 3 and 5 series forms. Its an advanced petrol electric system, but the kicker is, fully modular, which means scalability and sustainability. Whats significant about Poewr eDrive is the power, the electric motors will contribute roughly two thirds of total system output, which is impressive considering BMW showed one off with twin electric motors making 150kW's in front and 200kW's in back mated to TwinPower Turbo 4 cylinder (170kW).

The point seems to be offering Tesla levels of 0 RPM oomph in a distinct flavour named Bavaria. Range is expected in the 600km ballpark. BMW has said that we could be seeing Power eDrive equipped X7's along with the compulsory petrol and diesel.

The key would is could, could as in would as in should as in WILL. Hybrid/EV is a pure luxury play at he moment like Vmorethan6's have been for the past decade, there is already healthy appetite for high end electrified or partially electrified cars at the high end of the market, what you thought Tesla was a coincidence? Ok if my rambling hasn't convinced you then consider that the X5 eDrive will make its debut sometime next year.
post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2014, 07:19 PM

I always had a feeling this would happen. No better way to go about creating a new flagship SUV these days than to make it a hybrid. 1x-2x MPG V8's don't work as well these days
post #3 of 5 Old 12-05-2014, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
I always had a feeling this would happen. No better way to go about creating a new flagship SUV these days than to make it a hybrid. 1x-2x MPG V8's don't work as well these days
What do you mean 'work' because they still operate just fine last time I checked. The crucifixion of large engines has been largely symbolic and by those who don't need their capabilities, which is rote ignorance that a world outside of your own eyeballs exists.

I need a V8 to tow my boat and haul my family to the lake. Sorry, no prius is getting that done for me and neither is a Tesla...

post #4 of 5 Old 12-08-2014, 07:04 PM

Death before Prius
post #5 of 5 Old 12-09-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
What do you mean 'work' because they still operate just fine last time I checked. The crucifixion of large engines has been largely symbolic and by those who don't need their capabilities, which is rote ignorance that a world outside of your own eyeballs exists.

I need a V8 to tow my boat and haul my family to the lake. Sorry, no prius is getting that done for me and neither is a Tesla...
work as in fuel efficiency

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page