BMW X7 M Expectations - BMW X7 Forum

post #1 of 15 Old 04-24-2014, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

BMW X7 M Expectations

What features, specs, options etc can we expect from the X7 M?
post #2 of 15 Old 04-24-2014, 10:38 AM

I expect it to not exist. BMW has explicitly said hundreds of times they will never do a M version of the 7 series. By extension they're not going to give the X7 an M if the saloon doesn't have one.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-25-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

That sucks, a M version of the 7 series would be awesome, a nice rival to the S65 AMG

post #4 of 15 Old 04-25-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
That sucks, a M version of the 7 series would be awesome, a nice rival to the S65 AMG
I guess. I mean the 7 series can already be obscene enough. If your heart desires you can tick the box for a V12 twin turbo

I like that they keep the integrity of the M brand a bit by not M'ing EVERYTHING like Merc does with AMGs...
post #5 of 15 Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

That is true, it is already fast and has good performance but being an M model would help to take it a step further as they have to justify it being an M.

If there was one more M model i could ask for, it's an M7!

post #6 of 15 Old 05-07-2014, 05:04 PM

Yea I think that an X7 M would be a bit too much. You can already put a hefty engine in the X7, so really what you'd be missing without an M package is a body kit, racing seats (which would be bizarre in the X7) and some other add-ons like carbon fiber and a different steering wheel.

Would it be cool? Yes. But I don't think it is cool enough for BMW to put the money into it. And I also do think that it would kinda be a weird thing to incorporate into the M brand.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-07-2014, 05:30 PM

The closest we'll get to an X7 M is if they make the V12 TT available, plus M sport pack.

But you never know perhaps they want to chase AMG down the dark hallway to brand dilluted death...
post #8 of 15 Old 05-08-2014, 01:01 PM

i would assume it would be MORE powerful than the x6m? or am i wrong for thinking that
post #9 of 15 Old 05-08-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
The closest we'll get to an X7 M is if they make the V12 TT available, plus M sport pack.

But you never know perhaps they want to chase AMG down the dark hallway to brand dilluted death...
Maybe they do, who knows. But they seems smarter than that if that's the case which it likely is.
post #10 of 15 Old 05-09-2014, 10:41 AM

v12 twin turbo

geez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page