BMW X7 Platform - BMW X7 Forum

post #1 of 17 Old 04-07-2014, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

BMW X7 Platform

So we do know that the X7 will be using an extended X5 platform. Well thats about all we know, however Car and Driver has new information that doesnt make things any clearer.

C and D is saying that X7 will be sharing its platform with the future X5 and X6 meaning X7 is not simply an X5 with an extra bit grafted on the end. However they also confirm that there is considerable overlap between X7 and 7 series but mostly in the technological/electronics aspect.

Interestingly C and D is also saying that the X7 will weigh not much different than the X5...

Quote:
The X7 will share its architecture with future generations of the X5 and X6. That means it will also have considerable overlap with the 7-series, especially in terms of electronic gear and available infotainment and assistance systems. Thanks to liberal use of aluminum and high-strength steel, its weight will remain close to the X5’s. BMW will perhaps also use some carbon fiber, although we believe that its application would be more decorative than functional in this vehicle.
post #2 of 17 Old 04-08-2014, 10:11 AM

I hope there's some overlap of the 7 series and x7 when it comes to design, 7 series design is the best BMW has to offer and seeing that on a SUV will be awesome.
post #3 of 17 Old 04-08-2014, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
I hope there's some overlap of the 7 series and x7 when it comes to design, 7 series design is the best BMW has to offer and seeing that on a SUV will be awesome.
disagreed, M4 is the best BMW has to offer. M5 is a bit of a joke, M6 is for coke dealers and dont even get me started on X5M and X6M...

post #4 of 17 Old 04-09-2014, 01:44 PM

You're right but that's just in that segment. The 7 series has this true luxury look, meanwhile the M4 is more aimed at sportiness. And I want to see the X7 have that true luxury look the 7 series does
post #5 of 17 Old 04-09-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You're right but that's just in that segment. The 7 series has this true luxury look, meanwhile the M4 is more aimed at sportiness. And I want to see the X7 have that true luxury look the 7 series does
No, I'm talking about what BMW touts as their core values, which is driving dynamics and experience. The 7 is a dream to drive, almost as if you're not driving, but my point is that the M4 is the epitome of what BMW stands for as a company...
post #6 of 17 Old 04-10-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
No, I'm talking about what BMW touts as their core values, which is driving dynamics and experience. The 7 is a dream to drive, almost as if you're not driving, but my point is that the M4 is the epitome of what BMW stands for as a company...
That is true, it's what their cars are about and the image of the brand they try to project, after all BMW's are the "Ultimate Driving Machine"
post #7 of 17 Old 04-10-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
That is true, it's what their cars are about and the image of the brand they try to project, after all BMW's are the "Ultimate Driving Machine"
Exactly, although thinking about it now, I suppose with the right creativity and ambiguity of language one COULD define the 7 series as the Ultimate driving machine. I mean pure comfort, won't feel a bump, plenty of power and every accessory and option short of a toaster oven is available. Perhaps the X7 will be more of a rolling hotel
post #8 of 17 Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM

Within it's segment it probably is the ultimate driving machine, it has the S-Class as a rival but I see it more like a cruiser and more for true luxury.
post #9 of 17 Old 04-12-2014, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

perhaps, but everything in segment is severely slick. A8, QP up top, CLS, Panamera
post #10 of 17 Old 04-14-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
perhaps, but everything in segment is severely slick. A8, QP up top, CLS, Panamera
They are, great options, the germans really do a good job when it comes to luxury sedans that perform

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page