BMW is Not Working With Tesla... - BMW X7 Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of 11 Old 12-05-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

BMW is Not Working With Tesla...

Tesla name dropped BMW and BMW punched Tesla in the face...

Quote:
In a conversation with Wirtschafts Woche, unnamed BMW officials indicated that Musk’s informal conversations with the German carmaker carry minimal significance. The officials weren’t just out to dispel rumors—they accused Musk of name-dropping BMW “for PR purposes,” hinting that Musk mentioned BMW to fill the gap left by the ending of Tesla’s relationships with Daimler and Toyota.
post #2 of 11 Old 12-05-2014, 06:31 PM

That sucks, i was looking forward to seeing something good come from a partnership between the two of them.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-08-2014, 07:06 PM

what sort of partnerships can we expect to come out from tesla and diamler and toyota?

post #4 of 11 Old 12-09-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
what sort of partnerships can we expect to come out from tesla and diamler and toyota?
not really sure what they can work together on, toyota seems to be fine on it's own with their progress on hybrids. not sure about diamler.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Musk might turn something small into something big for the sake of press. Funny how BMW completely shut that down though. I'm not sure BMW does really need Tesla at this point. They seem to be doing pretty well with their own hybrid technology and the 'i' brand of vehicles.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-15-2014, 02:14 PM

it's also something i bet journalists and other people in the industry might question him about, making for a bit of an uneasy interview.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-07-2015, 05:13 PM

I think that this mostly is a story about Elon Musk loving the media. Ask him a question and he will give you an idealistic answer. He is all about dreaming big.
777 likes this.
post #8 of 11 Old 01-07-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I think that this mostly is a story about Elon Musk loving the media. Ask him a question and he will give you an idealistic answer. He is all about dreaming big.
That's what I like about him, dreaming big is the way to go about it especially when you know you're capable of making it happening and clearly he does...solid foundation set.
post #9 of 11 Old 01-08-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Musk might turn something small into something big for the sake of press. Funny how BMW completely shut that down though. I'm not sure BMW does really need Tesla at this point. They seem to be doing pretty well with their own hybrid technology and the 'i' brand of vehicles.
This is true.
BMW has also spread themselves out quite well too.
They even have a partnership with Toyota at the moment, another major player in the game.
post #10 of 11 Old 06-24-2016, 08:30 AM

Looks like if there was any hope of a collaboration, that's all gone down the drain. It's curious though. I think Elon Musk is a much smarter business man than to just sprinkle around brand names like that without any concrete evidence of a tie up. Well, now we well never know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page