15 years of X... - BMW X7 Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 10-15-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

15 years of X...

Its been quite the journey, keep your seat belts on, its not over yet!

Quote:
BMW celebrates 15 years of BMW X models.

15 years ago, the BMW X5 made its debut as the world’s first Sports Activity Vehicle, attracting both praises and concerns from the BMW community. The introduction of the BMW X5 in 1999 laid the foundation stone for the unique success story of BMW X models on automotive markets all over the world and 5 years later, BMW unveiled the X3 SAV.

The brand’s range now comprises five BMW X models. These are complemented by the two four-wheel drive high-performance sports cars of the BMW M, the BMW X5 M and the BMW X6 M. The most progressive of all is the X5, now in its third generation, a complete vehicle that goes through an evolution cycle every 7 years.
http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/10/15/15...-bmw-x-models/
post #2 of 8 Old 10-16-2014, 07:20 PM

Time flies... to me it was like just yesterday that i saw the x5 for the first time ever.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM

Time does fly, but BMW design language has stayed pretty consistent over that period. Sure they have added new models and changed things up a bit but the general idea is the same. Do you think they will do any special editions or something because of the anniversary?

post #4 of 8 Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 PM

From the looks of it so far, it seems like they may not be doing anything special, although I think it would be a good idea, but maybe they don't think the 15 year mark is significant enough to warrant a special edition model... who knows.
post #5 of 8 Old 11-24-2014, 06:57 PM

This picture has me missing my old x5 4.0!
post #6 of 8 Old 11-27-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 View Post
This picture has me missing my old x5 4.0!
Just be thankful you're not dealing with the horrible gas mileage it would have these days. They can be had for cheap these days but get horrible MPG
post #7 of 8 Old 12-05-2014, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
Just be thankful you're not dealing with the horrible gas mileage it would have these days. They can be had for cheap these days but get horrible MPG
I'm sorry but the gas mileage has not changed from then to now. The raw figure is the same, just our 'acceptance' has changed. If mileage was not an issue then, why should it be an issue now?
post #8 of 8 Old 12-05-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
I'm sorry but the gas mileage has not changed from then to now. The raw figure is the same, just our 'acceptance' has changed. If mileage was not an issue then, why should it be an issue now?
That is true.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page