BMW vs Tesla - BMW X7 Forum

#1 Old 08-01-2014, 05:00 PM

BMW vs Tesla

With Tesla shortly moving into the SUV realm it will be interesting to see how BMW counters. Will we begin to see the i brand populated by X series SUV's as well? iX7 anyone?

http://www.bmwblog.com/2014/07/27/bm...ger-innovator/
#2 Old 08-01-2014, 05:36 PM

I think that the next car that makes sense for the i brand would be a CUV. I don't think its really in response to the Model X, I think that that would be their next move regardless.
#3 Old 08-01-2014, 07:40 PM

^ that's a good suggestion, it really is what they need, CUV's are what growing families need, an iSUV should do it, just don't know what they will call it
#4 Old 08-06-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter View Post
^ that's a good suggestion, it really is what they need, CUV's are what growing families need, an iSUV should do it, just don't know what they will call it
Well it is obviously going to be the "i(something)". I think that i5 has a nice ring to it. It also relates to the X5, which is a pretty popular BMW model.
#5 Old 08-07-2014, 01:26 PM

i5 indicates a sedan like the 5 series, iX5 or similar would make sense if they wanted to do a SUV. BMW needs to show the i brand has mainstream viability and not just an impractical toy for fools and their money
#6 Old 08-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Yeah I agree with the 5 series and x5 segment, those would be some great segments to expand into, even the 4 series gran coupe and x4 if they want to go a bit down segment while keeping it cool with coupe styling.
#7 Old 08-08-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah I agree with the 5 series and x5 segment, those would be some great segments to expand into, even the 4 series gran coupe and x4 if they want to go a bit down segment while keeping it cool with coupe styling.
I think those are still a bit too niche, at least the styling is. the x3 would probabaly be an even better size to consider, they could meet the Model X head on in segment...
#8 Old 08-08-2014, 07:58 PM

You're right and Tesla likely has very good reasons for going into a segment the size they're planning to, that's likely where most of the demand is for a green SUV.
#9 Old 08-13-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
You're right and Tesla likely has very good reasons for going into a segment the size they're planning to, that's likely where most of the demand is for a green SUV.
no green SUV's come in all shapes and sizes, dont discriminate

#10 Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
no green SUV's come in all shapes and sizes, dont discriminate

sure, how ever you want to see it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW X7 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page